The Global DIY Market grew by a very impressive +13.8% in 2020 reaching £590 billion (€701bn) and demonstrating the impact of Covid-19 on the sector.
BHETA can exclusively offer to the UK market the latest edition of the “Global Home Improvement Report 2021”. This report captures the DIY and Home Improvement market figures in the new post-Covid era. It covers 53 countries and reports on all the largest DIY retailers in each category, with sales, growth rates and other key statistics. The report is a ‘must have’ for any company looking to export in DIY, gardening or housewares.
BHETA members can purchase the report for £350. For non-members the price is £700.
CLICK TO SEE a preview of the FIRST 12 PAGES
Key findings of the report:
- In 2020, despite the significant disturbance in the world’s economy and logistical impacts caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the DIY/home improvement world market turnover reached €701 billion, an incredible increase of 13.8% compared to last year (€615 billion). This substantial growth in the industry is against the backdrop of global GDP decreasing by -1.4% in 2020.
- North America and Europe combined represent approximately 88% of this market, although their joint population accounts for only 16% of the world population. The DIY markets of these two continents sum to €612 billion, an increase of 14.4% in comparison to the 2019 value of €535 billion.
- North America and Europe reach 61% and 27% of the world market respectively. North America had the highest average DIY expenditure per capita in 2020 at €1163 compared to €972 in 2019, an increase of 19.65%.
- Approximately 82.5% of the Global DIY market (€578.14 billion) is concentrated in only 8 countries: USA, Germany, Japan, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Australia and Italy.
- The three major DIY markets in Europe (Germany, the United Kingdom and France) represent 50% of the continent’s market.
Who is the report suitable for?
- Any company who wants to see all the major DIY retailers worldwide
- Any company creating an export strategy in DIY, gardening or homewares
- Any company who wants to understand the fastest growing companies worldwide
- DIY companies also typically stock gardening and housewares so the report is relevant to all three categories
Information included in the 176-page report includes:
Section 1: Global DIY Market Analysis
- Global market size evolution
- Main regions: market sizes, evolution, average DIY expenditure per capita
- Main DIY national markets
- National average DIY expenditure per capita
- Focus on European DIY markets
Section 2: Countries (53 counties covered)
- Ranks the major DIY markets in decreasing size: GDP, DIY market, DIY average expenditure
- Top 10 DIY retail chains in the country
- 2019 and 2020 sales, number of stores & sales area
Section 3: Major DIY Groups worldwide
- Turnover evolution
- Global market share evolution
- Operating countries
- Retail chains
See a sample of the Report
Click below to see the first 12 pages of the report:
CLICK TO SEE FIRST 12 PAGES
Click below to see an example country page from a pervious year:
EXAMPLE COUNTRY PAGE
How to place an order
1. UK companies:
- The BHETA member price includes a 50% discount and is £350.00
- The price to non-members is £700.00.
Where to order:
BHETA is the sole provider of the Global Home Improvement report in the UK.
To order your personal copy please contact Rajni Kaur at BHETA at email@example.com or on +44(0)121 237 1130
What do I receive?
BHETA will post to you a printed copy of the report.
2. Companies not in the UK:
The Global Home Improvement Report 2021 is distributed by the local associations of HIMA:
- Herstellerverband Haus & Garten (Germany, Austria and Switzerland)
- IVG (Germany)
- Inoha (France)
- BHETA (UK)
- AFEB (Spain and Portugal)
- HIMA Benelux (Belgium)
- MADE4DIY (Italy)
- International companies not based in any of these countries – please contact Rajni Kaur at BHETA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 237 1130.
BHETA member response to the report:
“The Global DIY Report is an excellent source of up to date information for anyone looking to export within the DIY sector. It easily presents information on markets and key retailers in over 50 counties and even tells you their growth rates. Available through BHETA at a significantly lower price, we have found this to be an essential go-to document when planning our exports. It is excellent value for money.” – Joe Denham, VegTrug Limited