We only collect personal information (also known as personal data) on a voluntary basis. If you choose to sign up to our email newsletters, all that we require are a few simple contact details. By signing up to our newsletters, joining our mailing list or otherwise submitting your personal information to us via this website you consent that we may process the personal data that we collect from you as set out below. We promise to:
- Only contact you by the method you have selected
- To never pass on your details to any other company without your express permission and then it would only be to provide you with an added benefit.
- To always allow you to opt-out and unsubscribe at any time. Each communication from us provides a simple and immediate opt-out option.
Please note that you do not have to register or opt-in to any service to use our website.
If you have any questions about our privacy promise or this policy, please contact us and one of our team will get back to you.
We believe that addressing consumer concerns about privacy online is important and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We treat our website user information submitted through this site as privileged and will not abuse this trust by providing this information to any third party. On this page our association presents our policy on electronic information gathering.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 The British Home Enhancement Trade Association of Federation House, 10 Vyse Street, Birmingham, B18 6LT is the data controller.
We do not offer, sell, lease, rent, loan, transfer, trade, publish, or provide any of our customer’s information to any unconnected third party.
We may however disclose your personal information to any of our sister associations or subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 and you hereby agree that we have a right to do so. All our employees or subcontractors that may come in contact with your personal information are bound by a confidentiality agreement to ensure that they exercise the same level of care when handling your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we buy or sell any business or assets in which case your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms of membership or other agreements; or where this is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of The British Home Enhancement Association, our members or others.
Collection and use of information
By using this site, you acknowledge and consent to our association collecting and processing personal information submitted by you, including the following data:
- Personal data (including contact details) submitted in electronic forms on this site including information provided at the time of subscribing to our email news service, submitting feedback about our business, requesting further information or services, joining our mailing list or reporting a problem with the site. This information may include your name, business e-mail address and phone number and details of your business or employer
- Details of your visits to this site will automatically be collected which may include technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, your full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products, services or resources you have viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
If you contact the association or provide a business card, a record of that correspondence may be kept including any phone number used to call us.
We may use information collected and held about you in the following ways:
- To improve our site and to ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information, products or services which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of this site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you of any changes to the services which we provide
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and other, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about things which may be of interest to you or them.
Our association uses all reasonable security measures to ensure that any and all personal information collected is protected. We take precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data quality and access
We have an “open-door” policy regarding the maintenance of information we hold and use. Please contact us at any time in any manner to notify us of changes or request for removal from our database.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing as indicated at the time the data is collected or at any time by using our contact us service. If we would like to provide your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes we will seek your express consent at the time the data is collected.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of third parties including (but not limited to) advertisers, affiliates and other members. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and what we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to those websites.