BHETA is looking for a Marketing Manager to join the team.
A marketing role which combines strategic input with exhibition organisation and management and involves one of the most prestigious occasions in the UK housewares calendar. The job requires an equal combination of overview planning and hands on implementation. The individual will also be required to support the BHETA team at various other industry events and exhibitions in the UK and abroad.
A background in any or all the following is preferred: housewares, small domestic electrical appliances, home improvement, DIY and garden, FMCG.
BHETA is a trade association which represents suppliers to the housewares, small electrical, home Improvement (DIY) and gardening markets. It is a very proactive association and takes pride in its excellent range of services and initiatives designed to help and support its members. It has over 320 members who are responsible for approximately £15.5bn of retail sales and employ over 15,000 people. Over recent years BHETA has significantly raised its profile in the industry by delivering relevant initiatives and services for its members and developing Exclusively Housewares & Electrical, now in its 18th year, the UK’s premier housewares and small domestic electricals exhibition.
BHETA is looking to recruit an individual whose principal role will be to contribute to the delivery of the current BHETA five-year strategic plan and contribute to developing a strategic plan for the continued success of the two Exclusively shows. Member retention and recruitment are the primary focus of the association and BHETA’s initiatives and services are delivered via the membership sector team supported by the membership services team. The development of membership initiatives and industry communication will be a key focus of the role. Interaction with the membership is currently achieved via face to face contact, supported by an integrated CRM system, new website, proactive direct marketing, PR and content creation and social media.
The candidate will have the ability to interact with a wide range of people efficiently and professionally. He or she will be presentable and personable with the ability to work as part of a small team, able to use own initiative, with strong IT skills and good working knowledge of internet databases. The candidate’s instincts will be proactive and entrepreneurial, rather than routine and safe. The successful candidate will report directly to the Housewares Sector Director, as well as having the support of the BHETA in house member services team and a retained marketing and PR agency.
The BHETA offices are located in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter.
- Delivery and development of strategic plans
- Providing marketing support to increase member recruitment and retention, to increase member and retailer engagement and to support the Exclusively Housewares and Exclusively Electrical Shows
- Developing campaigns to raise BHETA’s Industry profile
- Control of marketing budget
- Management of BHETA website and social media programme
- Ensuring the BHETA team use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way
- Event support including ‘Meet the Buyer’ days and networking events
- Presence at trade shows and exhibitions to promote and represent BHETA
- Any other duties compatible with the level and nature of this post
Skills and attributes:
- Proven successful work experience in a relevant industry marketing environment
- Sound business acumen with solid commercial experience
- Experience of cost centre management
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of digital marketing including social media
- A familiarity with SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to drive creative content creation (text, image and video)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to produce clear and precise reports
- Effective and positive communication skills, the confidence to work easily and independently and as part of a successful team
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and conditions
- Willingness to work hours – on occasion – outside of normal office hours
For more details, please get in touch.
Executive Director – Housewares & Home Improvement
Chairman – Brooke House Exhibitions (Exclusively Housewares & Electrical)
Tel +44 (0)121 237 1130