BHETA members can access a dedicated FREE Helpline and business support service for most international trade questions, covering areas such as:
- Export Support
- Import Support
- Customs Compliance Support
- Customs Computer Systems
- UK VAT
- Finance and Payment Methods
- Export Development (including market information, selecting/managing agents and distributors, export strategy, event management, pricing and payments, managing corruption risk).
For clarity, the Strong & Herd advice service has some restrictions:
- They can’t undertake market research, except for limited and specific questions and as set out below
- They can’t provide legal advice
- They can’t recommend which agent/distributor to appoint, what prices to set or what terms of business to agree to
- They can’t get directly involved in resolving any disputes with clients or intermediaries
In recent years, exporting and importing has become a more complicated operation for many BHETA members, with reports of delays and challenges following new arrangements since the UK left the EU.
To support BHETA members, we have engaged expert provider, Strong & Herd, to answer member questions.
Please forward your questions and quote your BHETA membership number:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call on 0161 499 7000
Questions are addressed within 24 hours of receipt into the OneCall™ system within normal office hours 9:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your question by email quoting a call reference number.
ABOUT STRONG & HERD
S&H LLP was formed in 1995 and we pride ourselves on being a “one-stop-shop” for any international trade question or export training, export support, import training and customs compliance requirement.
The support from our highly skilled associates working in specialist areas such as Excise, Customs computer systems, DEFRA requirements, UK/EU VAT, finance and payment methods, dangerous goods, USA ITAR rules, managing agents and distributors, to name just a few, means that we can answer a range of questions regarding international trade.
Whether you are a small, medium or large organisation who needs a bit of extra support, require support before or after customs and export compliance audits or a developing your international trade, our services can help you.
S&H LLP’s alliances with The British Exporters Association (BEXA), The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Croner, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), The Institute of Export & International Trade (IOE), and others ensures total satisfaction and approved content. All the above combined helps us to present factual legislative training courses, but in a fun and relaxed manner, providing attendees with support and assistance guides for future use.
Strong & Herd™ LLP are recognised by many UK companies as a reliable provider for training and support for their import and export staff, the courses are, in fact, often used as part of the induction training for new members of staff.