Date(s) - 30/04/2020
10:30 am - 11:00 am
BHETA are pleased to announce the first in a series of free business support webinars.
The first in the serious will take place on Thursday 30th April 2020 at 10:30am
Join a team of experts from the Association’s Solicitors, Howes Percival LLP as they discuss the serious issues that businesses are facing during the Coronavirus emergency. They will be able to answer your questions live during the presentation. Our three experts are:
Gerald Couldrake, Partner in the Corporate and Commercial team.
Gerald will discuss how the emergency affects commercial supply contracts, including:
• Force Majeure clauses – just how useful are they?
• Frustration of contracts – is this little known doctrine an easy ‘get-out’?
• What happens if a customer becomes insolvent – can you get your goods back?
• Can my customer cancel a contract if they don’t need the goods anymore?
Graham Irons, Partner in the Employment team
Graham will discuss:
• Aspects of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – furloughing
• Planning for redundancies – how to be prepared
• Homeworking – some points to consider
Simon Murphy, Partner in the Property Disputes team
Simon will discuss:
• The Coronavirus Act 2020 and its effect on the Landlord and Tenant relationship
• The inability of Landlords to forfeit leases for non-payment of rent
• Landlords other remedies for non-payment of rent
• Approaches which could be made to Landlords for rent ‘holidays’, to pay back arrears in stages, to pay rent monthly rather than quarterly in advance, etc
• Starting a dialogue with Landlords backed up by evidence of the effect of Corona on turnover
Following the 15 minute presentation, attendees will have the opportunity to pose questions to Gerald, Graham and Simon
Any questions, please contact Nicola in Member Services on firstname.lastname@example.org