Date(s) - 31/10/2019
BHETA is pleased Kieran McBride, Director of Buying for furniture, home and food at Fenwick, will be joining the team on Thursday 31st October 2019 as a speaker at the next BHETA forum.
After a year of much change, Kieran will bring members up to speed on the status of new projects and how suppliers can support future developments and further establish trading relationships.
Fenwick is an independent chain of department stores in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1882 by John James Fenwick in Newcastle upon Tyne, and today consists of eight stores across the country.
Dan Black, co-founder and Lead Designer at Black & Blum will be talking about sustainable product design and the challenges faced by designers when trying to be sustainable. Black & Blum are renowned for designing their products with re-use and sustainability in mind, ensuring that they have a long life using eco-friendly materials where possible.
Phil Pond of trend forecaster, Scarlet Opus, the company advising many suppliers and retailers in the housewares industry, will be providing insights into the issue of sustainability and eco-friendly goods and how advances in technology have led to innovation in manufacturing processes, material recovery possibilities & product design. 3D printing is perhaps the ‘oldest’ and most well-known. Around the world, traditional methods of manufacturing & material use are being challenged by ‘creative disruptors’ the consumer is highly supportive of them.
- 09:30am – Registration & Coffee
- 10:00am – Welcome/BHETA update – Seema Grantham
- 10:15am – Barclays, Ian Gilmartin, Industry Director for Retail & Wholesale
- 10:35am – Buyfair.Global – Dominic Speelman, CEO
- 10:55am – Scarlet Opus, Phil Pond, Director of Consumer & Design Insights
- 11:30am – Coffee Break
- 11:45pm – Black & Blum, Dan Black, co-founder and Lead Designer of Black & Blum
- 12:15pm – Fenwick – Kieran McBride, Director of Buying for furniture, home and food
- 1:00pm – Networking Lunch (All)
Member rate: Free to attend
Non-member rate: £99.00+VAT
(Payment by non-members must be received prior to the event)
To register your interest, contact the BHETA Member Services team.
Tel: 0121 237 1130 or email Helen Farnell email@example.com