Date(s) - 16/01/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
As part of BHETA’s drive on export initiatives, we are delighted to inform you of a free to attend event, Unlocking the China Opportunity, which is taking place on 16th January 2020 in London organised by the Alibaba Group. The Alibaba Group is a Chinese multinational conglomerate holding company specializing in e-commerce, retail, internet, and technology. Alibaba is China’s biggest online commerce company. Its three main sites — Taobao, Tmall and Alibaba.com — had 654 million annual active consumers in 2019, hosts millions of merchants and businesses, and expects sales of over £50bn in 2020.
This Alibaba event is a smaller version of the ‘Alibaba Gateway Days’ which have been held in other locations around the world. This popular event will host approximately 500 attendees together with a senior representative from Alibaba China .
At this full-day event you will learn what it takes to succeed in China, with a high-profile line up of speakers shedding light on China’s evolving retail and consumer landscape and the opportunities for British brands and also:
- Listen to Alibaba leaders and industry experts discuss the latest trends and innovations from China
- Hear from successful UK businesses as they share their experiences and key learnings for building a China strategy
- Create an afternoon agenda targeted to your business needs, choosing from practical workshops led by Alibaba businesses (Tmall, Alipay, Alibaba Cloud, IP Enforcement team) and partners (China-Britain Business Council and Department for International Trade)
- Network with 400+ representatives from UK organisations who share your interest in the China market
Alibaba has made a landmark push into Europe seeking to challenge Amazon’s dominance by undercutting sellers’ fees by nearly half. The Chinese ecommerce giant, which dwarfs Amazon in Asia boasting around 1 billion users, has made its first concerted push to establish a foothold in Europe and attract new sellers to its international platform AliExpress. This move is aimed specifically at poaching retailers who sell on the current dominant Amazon. Initially focusing on Spain and Italy, Alibaba have launched an English language website and allowed sellers from overseas to list on the platform for the first time over the past six months.
BHETA members who would benefit from attending this event:
- Are doing business in China, or are interested in doing so
- Would like to understand more about China’s main e-commerce platform and ecosystem
- Want to understand more about Chinese payments (Alipay) or IT set up in China (Alibaba Cloud)
- Have concerns around IP in China and want to understand a bit more about how to work with Alibaba to manage issues on Alibaba platforms
For further information, or to register for this free event please follow this link: https://www.alibabagroup-londonevent.com/unlocking-the-china-opportunity